Tuesday, May 13, 2014

It's A New Day for a Maxi Dress...

Lately I have been able start a few new projects that I've been wanting to do. I broke out my sewing machine and some fabric that I had in my stash. I purchased the fabric from Fabric Art Shop  on Etsy. I came across the Regal Maxi Skirt  on Pinterest and immediately checked out the great blog of MiMi G.......I love her style. I looked at the skirt a few times and ordered the pattern. Those that know me know that this is me all the way and I think the sash drew me in. I've had the pattern for a while now and hadn't used it because I didn't have the right amount of fabric (and I still don't) but I knew I would like to use this fabric for this skirt. I initially was going to make this Maxi dress which is attached to a tank top, hence the one in the picture....I think I may still make this once I find the right fabric.




No, I don't have the amount of fabric the pattern calls for but I'm going to see what I can do with what I have. We'll see how it turns out.

Quilting Newbie......

I have also always wanted to make a quilt. I had some fabric in my stash so why not try this out before I go buy more fabric and plus this will be a good add to my Eysy Shop. After looking at many designs I decided on the half square triangles because there are so many design options that can be made with these little guys. I don't know if this was a good choice for my first quilt but we'll see. I have made squares and cut them into triangles and sewn so that one triangle is patterned and the other black.


I have more patterned material than shown in the picture. Since the picture I have started sewing the squares together. At first I was going with a chevron design but that's changed, it seemed to be harder to get the lines to match up like I wanted then to so I'll have to revisit that at a later time. I instead went with more of a flying geese type design.



I still have to decide on a backing. More photos to come. I hope to get this done soon.

Thanks for stopping by.......
T. Mitchell

 
 
 

 

 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment