Saturday, May 9, 2015

Project Bag For My Sock Knitting.....

Well today didn't make for much knitting as running errands was priority but I did get some crafting in this evening. I finally decided on the next sock I will knit, Beanpole and I got all 19 pages of the pattern printed. This will be the 2nd sock i've knitted and the 3rd sock in my Adventures in Sock Knitting talked about here. My yarn choices are Regia Design Line 4-ply in Golds Color 3309 and Regia 4-ply in natural.




Beanpole Yarn Choices
In the middle of reading over the pattern I remembered that about a week ago I dug around in my fabric stash and pulled out two fat quarters I ordered a few years ago that now I have no clue what I was going to do with them. I figured they would make a cute project bag. So it was a toss up to cast-on socks or sew me up a project bag.....and the project bag won!


The bag can be reversible and is currently holing 3 50gm balls of sock yarn with room for 1 or 2 more. There are things that I will change on the next bag as this won't be my last and I forgot to add a snap before I sewed it up so I could close the bag if I want. And maybe an inside pocket would be nice. It probably took me more time drawing up the pattern than it did to sew it, but now that it's done I can cast-on my socks.

Thanks for stopping by,...

No comments:

Post a Comment