Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Package Arrived....

I recently purchased Unexpected Afghans by Robyn Chachula and saw a nice blanket done in Tusinian crochet. I've never done this before but I like a challenge. Of course I didn't have the right hook to start the project....and when I see something that catches my eye I like to start right away. So I started my search and ended at Get Knitted where I found KnitPro Symfonie Wood Interchangeable Tunisian Crochet Hooks. The price even including shipping was reasonable I thought compared to other brands and sites that I looked at. After six days of wondering how long it would take a package to arrive from the UK I went to the mail box and there they were- my hooks had arrived. I ordered two crochet hooks sizes J/10/6.00mm and a k/101/2/6.50mm as well as two cables in approx. 31in and 47in.
KnitPro Interchangable Tunisian Crochet Hooks

Finished Chevron Baby/Toddler Blanket 

The blanket in the background of the above picture is one of the ones that I recently finished in a chevron pattern using RedHeart yarn in honeydew, delft blue, and aran. This workerd up pretty quickly using a knit chevron stich in a random pattern that included the basic k, k2tog, ssk and kfb stitches. The second picture is post blocking which helped to define the pattern more. I originally knitted this for my sister-in-law for her addition to the family. Very pleased with how this came out I am torn with whether to give or sale this one. Being that it is still warm outside and a knit blanket is not needed at the time I decided to place it for sale in my Etsy shop for know. Who knows what might happen...

Chevron in Progress
Finished Chevron Baby Blanket

 
Thanks for stopping by,

          Terra     



No comments:

Post a Comment