Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Retro Circles finished

I've finally finished the Retro Circles crochet blanket that I came across from the blog Three Peas in a Pod Handmade. I am happy with the way it came out. I added a double crochet border in which I found the instructions on Crochet with Raymond. I think that I will definitely make another one of these and I have a ton of color combos in mind. For some wired reason it seems that my corners were a little wider than I'd liked maybe next time I won't chain two in the corner and do one instead. It was hard to decide whether to block or not. In the end I did lightly block the blanket mainly do to the corner issues and I wanted it to feel a little softer. I carried most on my ends so I only had a few ends to weave in.




I'm thinking of making this in a queen size and adding a quilt backing for my bed....we'll see. I have so many other ideas of blankets that I want to make and a large yarn stash that I need to get rid of.

Thanks for visiting,

          T. Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment