Thursday, September 12, 2013

Next Crochet To-Do....

So I've always wanted to make a blanket with crochet on one side and fabric on the other. I had this idea a very long time ago and never got around to it but of course like everything else when I looked more into it someone had already done it. Well that made my life somewhat easier because now I know what and how to do it and that it will work. I finished the blanket which is done in single crochet and purchased some fabric for the backing. 
This is a gift for parents of a new baby. Originally no one knew the sex of the baby so I figured the red and the circles could go either way. Since it took me I long to finished this blanket, thanks to my sewing machine, the couple had the baby, a girl- which prompted me to purchase more fabric. So now I will use the colorful paisley and flower material for the backing and the circles for the binding. I thought about crocheting a border but I figured a fabric binding would be different. I finally got a new sewing machine since the Pfaff I have would not cooperate. After attempting to fix it on my own with the help of YouTube- it would work fine then the needle would hit the bobbin housing and brake. I think the timing is off. It's old and one day I think I'd like to get it repaired.  Ive been putting this blanket off to try and get some other things done but maybe today I'm will break out my new Brother and work on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment